Terms and Conditions
This section sets out the Terms and Conditions under Writing Champions (“We” or “WC”) agrees to provide services to you and your child (“You”).
Please note that we amend these Terms from time to time. Before making a booking, please check this page to ensure you understand the Terms which will apply at that time.
These Terms were most recently updated on 12 December 2018.
Our service to you
- We will provide workshop leaders to deliver our creative writing workshop programmes and We reserve the right to replace workshop leaders at any time.
- We maintain a comprehensive Public Liability Insurance policy, a copy of which is held at WC head office.
- All WC workshop leaders maintain up-to-date DBS check certificates.
- We will abide by a maximum adult to child ratio of 1:22, but often endeavour to operate on less.
- We will collect all enrolment forms and payments via our online booking system and liaise directly with parents with any queries, questions or concerns they have. We will also administer a waiting list
- We will do everything in our power possible to avoid cancelling a workshop. However, on occasion, unforeseen circumstances or where the number of bookings does not reach the minimum required to operate the programme, may require WC to cancel a workshop/course. Under these circumstances, You and the School which your child attends will be given as much notice of the cancellation as possible in writing and either a transfer to another date or a full refund of fees paid will be offered.
Our booking and payment policy
- Upon completion of your order online or otherwise on a signed registration form, a contract will exist between You and WC. Your child's place is only reserved once payment has been made. Once You have made the payment, you will receive a confirmation email from WC - this is all you need to know that your child's space has been booked successfully.
- It is our policy that parents pay for the full term of WC Workshops, regardless of any pre-existing plans or schedule clashes that may arise. Please keep in mind that there are often waiting lists in place for students that can attend the full term of workshops, and for this reason we cannot offer refunds or discounted terms for missed workshops.
- After discussion with us, You may transfer your paid booking to another person with no additional charges to be paid. An application form will need to be completed by the new client before the commencement of the workshop/course or we may refuse the enrolment.
- If for any reason you are unable to submit your booking via our web booking system, a 10% administrative fee (up to £10) may be added to your order.
What We expect from You
- Before we can accept your child as a student, it is your obligation to give us information and instruction regarding their healthcare and medical needs. We accept students on the assumption that they are in good health, unless otherwise stated in the registration form. It is your responsibility and obligation to tell WC prior to the start of the programme of any issue or condition that may affect your child, including but not limited to: ADHD, ASD, SEN, speech and language difficulties, disabilities, food allergies or other medical condition, behavioural or social issues.
- Your child will be expected to behave appropriately, showing respect to property and fellow students. Disruptive behaviour, bullying, or aggressive attitude towards other students, parents and WC staff will not be tolerated. WC reserves the right to refuse admission at any time or to remove any student whose attendance or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory. Under such circumstances, WC will be under no obligation to return any fees.
- We ask that you contact WC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give us as much notice as possible) if your child is unable to attend a workshop. This allows to alert the relevant tutor and meet our safeguarding obligations.
- If your child joins our programmes with a medical or behavioural condition that we did not know about, we reserve the right to remove your child from the programme, if it is determined that we do not have the resources to meet your child’s needs and safeguard them properly.
- We ask that you please ensure your child/children are collected promptly at the end of a workshop.
- WC shall not be responsible for any delays in performing, or for any failure to perform, any of our obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, war, strikes, governmental regulations or orders, national emergencies, terrorism, lock-outs, fire, flood, drought or other natural disasters.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
- This agreement is governed by English Law and any dispute will be dealt with under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.