Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education. You can find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk.
Writing Champions is proud to be an Artsmark Partner, supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey.
We offer education settings who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, with the following opportunities:
- For Key Stage 1: one off after school creative writing work shops for key stage 2 for between £150 and £200 per workshop
- For Key Stage 2: regular after school creative writing workshops for up to 22 children, for between £60 and £80 per term
Our workshops have the following links to the English national curriculum:
Pupils [through our workshops] understand the skills, processes that are essential for writing: that is thinking out loud to explore and collect their ideas, drafting, and re-reading to check their meaning is clear, including doing so as the writing develops.
Our workshops have the following learning outcomes:
- writing narratives about personal experiences and those of others (real and fictional)
- discussing and recording ideas
- noting and developing initial ideas, drawing on reading and research where necessary
- using other similar writing as models for their own
- assessing the effectiveness of their own and others’ writing.
We also tailor our learning outcomes to the needs of each specific school and the agreed topic area.
To find out how Writing Champions can support your Artsmark journey, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 07796921259